One of the best ways to countdown to Christmas is by making your own Advent Calendar! Kids love the traditional advent calendar because they live a magical moment when get to open one surprise each day, anticipating Christmas Eve.
Although those surprises do not need to be treats or gifts! What about creating a family activity Advent Calendar instead this year?
These advent calendar activities are fun for the whole family to get into the Christmas spirit. You can organize tasks or small events to complete as a family or plan a special activities for your kids each day. The best of it is that you don’t need anything fancy and expensive to move forward.
They will be a good option to brainstorm ideas in the family reunions and plan ahead the activities that need to be prepared in advance to be accomplished on the scheduled day. And even, change one activity for other due to bad weather, for example. Besides these, the all-month activity plan will be always visible, getting the family involved.
It’s fun to do something new and different every year, and advent activities can be a great way to not only try new things but also fit in your favourite December traditions as well!
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Decorate the house
- Decorate the Christmas tree
- Watch a holiday movie in your pyjamas
- Build a snowman
- Drink hot cocoa
- Make gingerbread houses
- Send a holiday card to a friend
- Make holiday crafts to decorations
- Do a cookies contest
- Read a Christmas book
- Make Christmas cards
- Go see holiday city lights
- Declutter toys & donate to charity
- Dance Christmas playlist
- Leave out cookies and milk for Santa
- Camp out in the living room
- Make homemade dog treats for an animal shelter
- Make Christmas pancakes
- Have Christmas photo shooting
- Write a letter to Santa Claus
- Learn a Christmas songs
- Have a classic board game night
- Host a Christmas brunch
- Visit a festive market
- Buy new family Christmas pyjamas
There are so many fun and festive family activities that can be used to fill an advent calendar for Christmas! There are endless possibilities for creating lasting memories with your loved ones this holiday season.