There has been a shift in how people are choosing to spend their holidays. Christmas and New Year’s Eve events are usually celebrated in our homes with friends, family, or relatives. Traditions are great, but they lose the excitement factor when you do literally the same thing every year.
Nowadays, people are looking to live different experiences and make great memories, and the holidays are no exception. As a result, hotels around the world are realising the pull this type of events can have in attracting holidaymakers. They are a huge part of the hospitality industry and are growing continuously.
Not seizing this opportunity would put you at risk of being outpaced by competitors. So, whether your guests are spending the holidays with family, best friends, other half, or even alone, make sure they are going to have a great time when staying at your hotel.
Promote, promote, promote
The problem is if nobody knows you’re hosting Christmas and New Year's Eve events, whatever you planned to do is compromised. If your customers don't know who you are and what you do, then they're not going to give you their time and money. People also trust brands that present themselves consistently online and offline.
So, be certain you’re reaching your audience and keep things interesting when warming up for the event. To make sure your event stands out among the rest, follow these 5 tips:
1. Develop an integrated marketing communication strategy to be carried out across all the available channels. Plan communications like landing pages and use social media, advertising, or email marketing and reach your targeted audience on a frequent basis.
2. Present information in common areas with A-Frame Displays or with Snap Poster Displays in the lifts. Make the scheduled activities during Christmas and New Year’s Eve known, either happening in the hotel or in its surroundings.
3. Point out the need to book in advance, indicating deadlines and special deals. Place an Interactive Panel that takes reservations in the reception area, or use Poster Displays in spaces such as the spa or the gym as reminders.
4. Whether you are looking for an extravagant affair or a family-focused tone for your event, you can set a festive mood in the dining area. Share inspirational messages on the walls and capture the spirit of the holiday season.
5. Don’t forget to take advantage of the outside and perimeter zones of the hotel. Outdoor communication is a public medium with reach and impact you can capitalise on with Display Cases in the parking lot or larger forms of advertisement in the vicinity.
Events play a crucial role in the strategic positioning and profitability of hotels. Christmas and New Year’s Eve events are a great way to boost revenue at your property. Make the most of this opportunity to turn your holiday’s events into memorable experiences and be sure to promote them efficiently.
Check our website and pick the right visual communication tool to get people buzzing about your upcoming events.